CSR Racing is a free-to-play drag-racing game by Boss Alien and NaturalMotion Games. In the game, the player takes the role of a new racer looking to make a name for him/herself in a deserted city ruled by five racing “crews” (iOS and Android)
I was responsible for the following on the project:
- Creating a Car Asset Pipeline, which includes Build Tools, Shaders, Runtime Decal Compositing and other Rendering Effects.
- Realtime Dual-Paraboloid Reflections for mobile
- Implementing and tweaking in-game cameras
- Environment Pipelines, Lighting and Optimisation
- UI: Design, Code and Animation
To demo some of these things, I created this custom build which runs in the browser using Unity’s webplayer. Apart from the car model, everything is personal work.
Here’s a frame breakdown of the garage scene.